Fence & Tree

Thursday, May 17, 2012

An entire year? Say it ain't so!

Coming home from the hospital!
I honestly can't even express how crazy it is that Teigan Elizabeth is officially one year old today.  In fact, at this very moment one year ago, I was showering up and getting ready to head to the hospital [two days beyond my due date].  In just five hours, I would be holding our sweet baby girl in my arms - all without breaking a sweat, I might add [thanks, Crossfit Ktown!].  


While we have the most perfect, wonderful, amazing, good-looking child who is never out-of-line - and never will be - [HA!], I must admit that I didn't win Mother of the Year award this year.  Shocking, I know.  Wondering why?  My mommy confessions from this first year:
  • I still have never taken Teigan's temperature - and neither has Ben.  In fact, we're still not even quite sure how the thing is supposed to work.
  • Sometimes, when I'm feeling super lazy and the diaper is, uh, super messy, rather than dealing with the issue, I just walk on over to the sink and Teigan gets a hose-down in the kitchen.  I promise I use Comet afterwards... almost all of the time.
  • "Cleaning" the pacifier consists of me sucking on it - no matter what it landed in or on.
  • I may, or may not, dance for Teigan in hopes that she will mimic my sweet moves later on in life... like, next year.  Sorry, Ben.
  • I still cuss like a sailor.  I really need to f*ing work on that.
  • I make all of the household chores part of Teigan's playtime.  Sure, you may not want to clean, but it sure is fun when I strap you to the vacuum and we run around the house - right, Teigs?
  • While I never want to stop Teigan from doing what she loves, and want to be sure that we expose her to all different kinds of sports, musical instruments, and books - I'm seriously crossing my fingers that she never, ever, ever wants to play softball.

Three months old... mid-cat-nap.  What happened to those?
Six months old
Nine months old
I'm a year old!
Sweet Teigan, we are so thankful for you, our little lady, and all of the love, laughter, and joy you have brought us this past year.  You mean the world to us and we love you so incredibly much!  Here's to many more years of bliss with you!  Please just promise us that you give us at least another dozen years before we're totally not-cool.  We love you!  Happy 1st Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment