Fence & Tree

Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Yesterday, on the ten year anniversary of 9/11, Ben and I had an absolutely wonderful day.  We had a little photo shoot with sweet T, went for a lovely brunch, walked through downtown Knoxville and did a little shopping, got some mid-afternoon caffeine fixes, and, while I baked, Ben and Teigan took a nap.


When I stopped to think about our awesome family day, I suddenly felt so guilty.  There are so many people out there who were directly affected by the 9/11 tragedy ten years prior... a friend never found, a grandfather deceased, and children growing up without their parent[s].  Yesterday was a terribly difficult day for them, I'm sure.


I often think about how many people are making the ultimate sacrifice for me every single day.  Given the circumstances that these heroes are in, I don't feel worthy.  The fact that I can go for a jog, swing by the grocery store, and love on my baby girl... all of this is possible because I live in the US of A and we have thousands of troops fighting for our freedom every day.


To those who have served [including Grandpa Mileson, Grandpa Slocum, my Dad, and many friends], are serving, and will serve our country - THANK YOU!


Feeling so fortunate and blessed, I'm going to get a head start on Christmas care packages to those doing our country such a great service abroad...

1 comment:

  1. I could have not said it better myself. Thank you for putting into words what many people feel but don't express. God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete