Fence & Tree

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Babies, Wedding, & Family!

Phew.  We survived the weekend!  We had an absolute blast, but I'll be honest here, we didn't get a single minute of down time.  We had friends over Friday night, hosted a baby shower Saturday early afternoon, wedding Saturday evening, and went to Nashville for a quick trip today.  Here's the quick rundown...
Jim, Kate, and Baby Girl Brosnan
Ben & I hosted a baby shower for our friends, Kate & Jim.  We had a blast doing all of the non-typical baby shower things and mostly just ate, drank, and talked about babies... I guess it wasn't much different than our every day these days.  Anyways, it was great!
Shower girls
Shower boys
 Ben and Teigan managed to get in a quick 20 minute cat-nap and then we all got ready for Angie & Rusty's wedding at Hunter Valley Farms.  It was honestly one of the most beautiful days we've had here in East Tennessee and absolutely perfect for an outdoor wedding!  Angie looked stunning, as expected.

With Auntie Ashley!
This morning, we got an early start to the day to hop in the car and head out to Nashville [three-hours away] as my brother, Matt, and his girlfriend, Sara, were in town for a wedding this weekend.  We had the pleasure of meeting sweet Bea, Sara's mom, for the first time, too.  We walked to a super-cool, old plantation for brunch.  It was delicious and may, or may not, have included chocolate chip pancakes, cinnamon apples, vanilla milkshakes, and tons of bacon.  I can't pretend... it totally did.
Uncle Matty & Teigan

Auntie Sara & Sweet T
Daddy & Daughter acting like fancy-pants at the Belle Meade Plantation
Now, to continue my list of random things I'm thankful for.  Again, these are all things not including the obvious #1's which are my amazing little family, my equally amazing extended family, fabulous friends, and the little guy at European Alterations who makes my clothes look so good...

1: Blue Bell Coffee Ice Cream
2: My insanely awesome, eclectic, and cultured scarf collection
3: Crazy cool technology to take pictures & videos of our sweet little lady with
4: Clean sheets
5: I can wear my sick pool of Doc Marten's again - they're back in!
6: Yankee candles



And, now, my sweet, sweet bed [after watching Pan Am, of course].  Night!


1 comment:

  1. Doc Martens are in again??? SWEET! Your family is looking gorgeous as usual! Lotta love!
    MK

    ReplyDelete