Fence & Tree

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Time off

Like father....
Like mother...
Due to the insane amount of hours I've put in at work these past several weeks, I've finally taken some time to grab a few hours out of the office.  On Wednesday, I spent the most perfect late-afternoon, ever, riding my unicycle and relaxing in the grass at a somewhat-ghetto park - after I sat in the car and listened to some Josh Kelley, of course.  Yes, I unicycled in front of complete strangers who were definitely judging me, but I tell ya - it was fun!  Laying around in the grass was the best part... short-lived, and I'll probably need eyeball replacements in 15 years, but I'm okay with it.  And I intend on doing it again... like, next week.


I'm looking forward to some more rewarding afternoons this coming week as I'm planning on taking a couple half-days.  As much as I'd love to say they will be productive, I have a feeling that, if the weather is as nice as it was on Wednesday, I'm going to end up sitting on a patio somewhere sipping on a margarita, reading People, and then writing in my journal.  But maybe, just maybe, I'll go on a hike, sip a homemade margarita out of a thermos, read People at the top of the mountain, and then write in my journal while overlooking East Tennessee.  That's productive, right?


Back to the main issue at hand... I unicycle... in public.  So what?  Circus freaks love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment