Fence & Tree

Sunday, March 25, 2012

And the winner is...!

As of this afternoon, the Crossfit Games Open is officially over.  It was a great run, and on a personal level, I'm so glad I did it.  Not only was my CrossFit fire re-lit during the Open, but I learned that just because I haven't legitimately trained since October 2010, I really need to stop underestimating myself.


I've come to grips with the fact that my body is different post-Teigster, but I realize that it's okay and it makes me... well, me.  I have some serious work to do, and need to spend many more hours in the gym, but I'm proud of the way I look, feel, and perform.  I'm a mom who is a serious competitor... and that feels amazing.  I just need to remind myself of that every now and then when I'm having my off days.  So, next time I'm down on myself, make me reread this blog, mmmkay?



Anyways, I'm sure you're all wondering how the Slocum Casa Challenge ended up.  Talk about a close call... sheesh.  Ben takes the cake, but I can't say I didn't give him a run for his money.  Check out the rundown of the five WOD's below... dang!  I was just five chest-to-bar pull-ups away from beating his booty and taking home the grand prize... bragging rights until next year.  Bah!  Oh well, much deserved win.


Erin
12.1: 110     12.2: 60     12.3: 264     12.4: 240     12.5: 79
Ben
12.1: 89       12.2: 63     12.3: 259     12.4: 242     12.5: 84



Many congrats to everyone who competed this year!  It's been great seeing all of the camaraderie at CrossFit Ktown and support we've all given eachother through these suckfest WOD's.  Now on to cheering on CrossFit Ktown's Team Jacked and Tan at the CrossFit Central East Regional Games in Columbus, Ohio from May 11-13.


Special shout-out to Teigan who literally clapped and yelled for me during 12.5 this afternoon!  Love you, sweet girl.


PS - Love those pics?  You can blame Brittany Payne for pictures 1,2, and 4.  She's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment