Fence & Tree

Friday, March 30, 2012

Growing



The acquisition of knowledge doesn’t mean you’re growing.  Growing happens when what you know changes how you live.


I came across the phrase above this week and had to share.  I've never heard it before, but it's so true!  So, in a half-joking manner, I'd like to share how I've grown over the years...
  • I'm aware that veggies are really good for you.  I choose to eat canned green beans and corn for many, many years in an effort to be healthier.  Who knew canned "veggies" are packed with salt?  Huh.
  • I know that I like boys.  I also know that I like music.  Obvi I'm going to become obsessed with Hanson.
  • I know I get bored with nearly everything super easily.  So, what better way to mix up my workout regimen than by adding in a pogo stick, unicycle, Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease video's, and frog-hopping over anything humanly possible.  Who plays on various rec teams, anyways?
  • I'm totally aware of the fact that I am an organized, clean, neat-freak.  What better way to chill myself out when I get in crazy-cleaning-mode than by rolling around on the sunroom floor with my little familia?  Oh yeah, Teigan is tearing the place apart, Hoolie and Rica are dragging around dirt from outside, and Ben is... well, slobbering [muaha].
Thank goodness I continue to learn and grow more and more everyday, thus changing how I decide to live... now I only eat canned green beans, while listening to Hanson, after pogo'ing around the 'hood, before I roll around in dog hair covering all of T's toys, every third day of my life.  That's growth, right?

Crazy like a wildcat,
me.

PS - This quote really means so much more than my ridonkulousness.  I hope everyone gets it... for realz.  Live, grow, learn, grow, evolve, grow - repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment