Fence & Tree

Thursday, June 30, 2011

First babysitter!


Since my 24th birthday happened for the 5th time on Monday [muahaha], Ben set up a surprise birthday dinner and had a babysitter all set up for us that evening.  We had an absolutely fabulous time at Northshore Brasserie.  Oh.my.gosh.  It was weird, however, being away from Teigan for the first time.  I felt like I was missing an appendage and I decided that it was probably the lack of a burp cloth.  I was so thankful for the time alone with Ben, though, so thank you Grandma and Uncle Grandpa [Ben's dad's new name for himself.  Incestuous-sounding much?]!  We owe them big-time!

I was also sung happy birthday by several uber-talented friends on the phone [ha!] and by my co-workers.  I've been MIA for the past couple of days as the Dogwood Arts staff retreated to the lakehouse for a couple days worth of brainstorming, problem-solving, and bonding.  We had a great time and got quite a bit accomplished.  I tell ya, it's nice being in the middle of nowhere on an absolutely gorgeous lake with no sense of time, no cell or internet service, and tons of alcohol... oh, and birthday cake.

1 comment:

  1. E I love reading your blog... so honest and up front.

    I got the announcement when I got back from vacation. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete