Fence & Tree

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two-year CrossFit birthday - and I can't wait to get back!

It's been exactly one month today since I last did CrossFit.  That was three days before I gave birth [one day before my due date], and the anticipation of getting back to Crossfit Ktown is absolutely killing me.  Thankfully my one-month checkup with the doc is Friday, so hopefully he'll give me the good news that I can get back to WOD's and o-lifting!  



To give you a little bit of background, Ben and I are coming up on our two-year CrossFit birthday in less than two weeks.  It all started in June 2009 when Ben's soccer buddy announced he was starting up a CrossFit gym.  Ben, being the unbelievably sweet [and crazy handsome] man he is, went to their soft opening to support him.  Ben was blown away by the success that some of the folks had experienced doing this type of workout for the several weeks prior so, for my birthday, Ben got us both a three-month membership.  Best. Gift. Ever!

Long story short, we had every intention of learning everything we needed to in those three months and then continuing to CrossFit at home.  24 months later... we are addicted and we just can't leave.  Not only do we love the way we feel, but we look better, eat better, and have made some incredible friends.

In my opinion, there's no better way to inspire Teigan to live a healthy, active lifestyle than showing her how to.  That's why we're already working on her pull-ups so she can get into the Guinness Book of World Records for "Youngest Female to do a Muscle-up."  You think I'm kidding?  Think again...

So, let's all cross our fingers [and toes in your Vibram's] that I get the green flag to get back to CFKT next week!  I hope I don't leak through my tank-top...

No comments:

Post a Comment